guilty of being ...

everything that is here has been moved to my new location: http://planetpooks.wordpress.com
come on over and find this material and new material, as well!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Move Me

I need help, y'all.

Tell me what music makes you mooove. I'm putting together an iPod playlist, some from my own CDs, some from iTunes.

I've got some vintage rock (Hendrix, Cross Town Traffic), roadhouse blues (Stevie Ray Vaughn, Look at Little Sister), swing (Glen Miller, In the Mood, Tommy Dorsey, Sing, Sing, Sing), Latin (Ricky Martin, Cup of Life, La Vida Loca) (shut up), pop (Kelly Clarkson, Since U Been Gone) (shut UP) and more stuff that maybe I shouldn't admit....

I'm really not a C&W girl, but beyond that --

Tell me what music pumps you up, moves your groove, energizes your bunny?

I'm trying not to be a lazy slug and need all the help I can get!

7 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a huge collection, you name it, well, almost. I don't have Nine inch nails and, no C&W either. But if you are looking for mp3s, I'll swap.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger cmw said...

I bought an iPod last week. I followed some of your links looking for a new way for my Mom to get audio books.

But this week, I'm trying it out. I put Jimmy Buffett, Steve Miller, Nilson, Peter, Paul & Mary, a couple cuts from the Chieftains, a few from John Denver, that one from Emnem (sp?) that won the Oscar -- I'm not used to it yet.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger cmw said...

I forgot Redbone, Ronstadt and Randy Newman.

But last night I took the music off and loaded a Gaelic language program. Doubt I'll be bopping around to that much.

Kelly Clarkson?!

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Yes, Kelly Clarkson! Harrumph!

Alexandra -- who are your faves? I have the Nine Inch Nails already. (g)

http://audible.com is the greatest for audiobooks. If they ask, tell them dallaspooks sent you!

 
At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gets me going?

Garbage - Version 2.0

Melissa Etheridge - Breakdown or Yes, I Am

Hole - Celebrity Skin

Everclear - umm, any of their CDs

and I second a NIN nomination.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Oh yeah -- I've got Yes I Am, will add that. Never much of a Hole fan, but I'll check out the others. Thanks!

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you know, I looked, and yep, I do have two Nin! Can't believe it. lol!

Okay, favs? Impossible. Mine change by the week, I have everything from ABBA to Led Zepplin, I have a lot of soundtrack music which I like to play when I'm writing, and, then, when I'm in the mood, a variety of dance, hip-hop, house, regular pop, and anything that has lyrics and a rhythm!

At the moment, I have on heavy rotation, Madonna, JLO, Kelly C, Dance 0.07 The Rasmus, Coldplay, Cory Lee, Linkin Park, Delerium and Jem, among others.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home