guilty of being ...

everything that is here has been moved to my new location: http://planetpooks.wordpress.com
come on over and find this material and new material, as well!

Friday, February 10, 2006

Yes, More Wales (lots of pics)


Just browsing through my pics from March 2005, and figured I'd post some more. And now that I think about it, I regret not paying more attention to the village names as we drove through them. But I mean, they were all IN WELSH. So just toss some double-Ls and odd letters in randomly and you're bound to come close, right?



This was the third B&B we stayed at that had a brand new loo -- with no curtains and a glass shower. Uh-huh. This one had a nice view of the front where the cars were parked, and the street beyond. Uh-huh. Still, it was a very nice place, and I don't really mind showering on my knees.



Imagine my surprise the first time we saw one of these (on a headstone in a small, old Scottish cemetery) and I asked someone what it was and they said it was a robin. I started to say, "They're nothing like the Robins back in Texas, ours are much bigg--" but stopped myself in time. Heh.



Wish this were a better pic, but he's a Welsh cowboy! I think they called him a cattle drover -- should have written that down. But hey, a cowboy is a cowboy is a cowboy. He resides in Llandovery and keeps watch over a hotel car park.



St. David's Cathedral -- off the beaten path, on the western coast of Wales. How does it manage to be rugged and delicate at the same time? I don't know. But it does, and it is.



I never get tired of lambs and sheep. That's because (or so I'm told) I've never had them loose in my garden, churning it into a muddy, stinky mess. Well, yes, this is very true. Which is why I can still adore them.

I guess it's time to stop before I turn into one of Those People with their boring slide shows of their vacations.

What? I already am? Well, I never!

3 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Candace said...

YOUR vacation pics are never boring!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Jay Ann Cox, PhD said...

St. David's Day is March 1, and Texas Independence Day March 2. Causes celebres around these hyear parts.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

When I remember to, I usually post the letter from the Alamo on Independence Day. I'll have to put a note to myself in my tickler file.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home