guilty of being ...

everything that is here has been moved to my new location: http://planetpooks.wordpress.com
come on over and find this material and new material, as well!

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Curses, tagged again!

So I seem to have been tagged by somebody who is one day past her sell date, and this seems to be a meme that is aimed at screenwriters. Hmmm.

Okay, I'm game.

1 early film-related memory:

The seat at the Texas Theater where Lee Harvey Oswald was hiding right before he was arrested. They painted it black, and it stayed black until the theater closed as a first-run venue. Not sure what happened after that.

2 favorite movie lines:

"I'm villifying you for God's sake - pay attention!"
The Lion in Winter

"I think if God is dead he laughed himself to death."
They Might Be Giants

3 jobs you'd do if you couldn't work in the business:

Feed baby animals at the San Diego Zoo

Sell firewood in Rocky Mountain National Park

Be a potter in Tintagel, Cornwall

4 jobs you have actually held outside the industry:

Novelist

Videographer

Teacher

Secretary

3 (current) book authors I like:

JK Rowling

PD James

Terry Pratchett

2 movies you'd like to remake or properties you'd like to adapt:

My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier

Doomsday Book by Connie Willis

1 Screenwriter you think is underrated:

James Goldman

3 people I'm tagging to answer this meme next:

max

gwenda

jette

Dream Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado

This is on a wonderful 3-mile trail, where you climb in altitude and see three different lakes. I was out of shape but handled the climb pretty well. Beautiful and well worth the effort. What I didn't expect was that I hadn't yet acclimated to the altitude and before we could get back down to our campsite, I was, um, losing my lunch. And dying from headache. And in no condition to actually camp. And we ended up going into town to stay. Humiliating failure. Next time I will still hike, but will not hike our first day in the mountains. Live and learn.

5 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger ScriptWeaver said...

And of course, both of you live in Texas (as I do)!

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger ScriptWeaver said...

Oh, BTW--

I almost forgot. Fun Joel at www.funjoel.blogspot.com actually started the tag. I have NO IDEA how many tags it took to get to me.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Well, surely the best people live in Texas.

Hook 'em, baby.

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took the challenge here. Heh. (And yes, I am in Texas too.)

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Like I said, the best people.

Loved your meme, or your review of the meme. This is a screenwriter's nightmare, you know. It's not enough to get notes, now we're getting notes on our memes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home