guilty of being ...

everything that is here has been moved to my new location: http://planetpooks.wordpress.com
come on over and find this material and new material, as well!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

House Rocks!

Okay, I love love love HOUSE .

The first time I saw it -- or rather, saw the last ten minutes of it, I had the oddest feeling that I'd seen that actor before, but couldn't place him. So while I was waiting for the show to end, I idly surfed to the IMDB and --



"Sam -- it's BERTIE WOOSTER!"

Goofy, lovable, not-too-bright Bertie Wooster.

ENGLISH Bertie Wooster.

Had somehow morphed into --





Moody, brilliant, snarly Dr. Gregory House.

Decidedly abrasive AMERICAN House.

Wow.

I mean, to truly understand this, you have to have seen him. You have to have seen Hugh Laurie as both Bertie Wooster and as House to truly understand the magnitude of this feat.

My goodness.

But that's not what brought me to the keyboard tonight.

What brought me to the keyboard tonight was:

Written by Doris Egan.

Doris, one of our original GEnie crew.

Tonight's HOUSE was terrific.

And I can officially say Doris rocks!

6 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

CRAZY! Twas a great episode for the eyes. Didn't mind Sela so much, which has been rare lately. Hugh + hat = greatness.

And re: House vs. Bertie it is impossible to reconcile the two. Ahhh Bertie. Now that I think about it, Bertie + hat (constable's) = greatness too!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Are Foreman and House wearing twinkie hats now?

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Twinkie? What the heck is a twinkie Hat? I have a hat like that, I need to know if it's called a twinkie hat.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

twinkie=twin

You're safe! LOL.

But really, is Foreman modeling himself after House, and if so, does he realize it?

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Didn't they have the same SNEAKERS once too?!! What's going on??!?

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

I bow to you. I didn't even notice that one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home