guilty of being ...

everything that is here has been moved to my new location: http://planetpooks.wordpress.com
come on over and find this material and new material, as well!

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Tagged quite tartly.

Ten years ago I was online, on GEnie, making friends that it appears are stuck with me for the rest of our lives, since we're all still friends. There was this little private workshop and let's see if I can tick these off -- so far out of that workshop came a successful tv writer/showrunner, another successful tv writer, a couple of produced screenwriters, a Warner Brothers Workshop participant, a Disney Fellow, two Nicholl Fellows (some of these are overlapping), and I know I'm forgetting some. But that's a huge success rate for a very small group of strangers meeting and critiquing each other's scripts on a weird thing called a computer bulletin board.

One year ago I was fretting that the American Airlines voucher that I "earned" by getting sick on airline food on the way to England in February 2003 was going to expire before we got to use it. And since "earning" involved throwing up on the plane, at Gatwick, and halfway across the South of England before we finally gave up on finding our hotel and found another place to stay? I by damn was not going to let that thing expire. (We did get to use it to buy tickets for a UK trip in February 2005 which turned into a UK trip in March 2005 because -- damn it -- I got sick and couldn't go when it was originally scheduled. And I am not a sick woman, I swear.)

Five things I enjoy doing are traveling, reading, writing well (would that this happened more often), camping, movies.

My five bad habits (ha, only five?) include eating too much, talking too much, swearing too much, being lazy too much and not cleaning the damn house enough.

Five things I find myself saying a lot: "Saa-aa--aam!" (Yes, I can make "Sam" have three syllables.) "Hell, no, he hasn't called yet, and ARE WE SURPRISED?" "Good grief." "Holy cow." "Oh hush."

Have a happy Saturday, all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home