guilty of being ...

everything that is here has been moved to my new location: http://planetpooks.wordpress.com
come on over and find this material and new material, as well!

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Dartmoor (lots of pictures)

So I'm very tired and fuzzy-headed and rather than throw together an entry just to be doing one, I'm going to do something I enjoy.

Photos from our brief sojourn in Dartmoor last March. I can't wait to go back.

It was like magic. Unbelievable magic. Late in the day, driving and looking for a b&b to stay in, and what should we find but a unicorn ... missing its horn.



And I don't care what my friend Jeo says -- this is not the ugliest pony on the face of the earth. Sheeeeesh!





We found the b&b -- a lovely place in Holne. They told us to walk on up to the pub, and it was very dark and other-worldly, and fabulous.











As was the pub itself. Fabulous, I mean. Not dark and other-worldly.













The next morning I was poking around the church's graveyard looking at stones when, just to welcome this Texas girl to the neighborhood, they had a cattle drive right through the middle of town.






I just love this picture. Two companions clambering over rocks and roaming.










I'm not even showing the landscape, am I? Okay, here's a babbling brook, how's that.








Okay, I'm going to do myself in with this one. After this I will simply stagger away from the computer and curl up in a ball and whimper for scones. And PG Tips. And scones.




Whimper.


(A best of holidailies exceptional entry.)

5 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger lacy said...

i love the unicorn pony, it is a perfect shot.
pg tips and scones is also my idea of heaven, unless i can get earl grey and then i know i'm in heaven.
what a treat these pix are!
next time i'm off to gb, i'm calling you first for places to stay and pubs to visit.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Candace said...

Oh, swoon!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger MF said...

And clotted cream! Don't forget the clotted cream!

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Lacy, pack me in your suitcase and I'll show ya personal!

Swoon and clotted cream? I'm there on both counts!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Candace said...

Congrats on the holidailies award! (You know, when I was reading it I thought it would qualify!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home