guilty of being ...

everything that is here has been moved to my new location: http://planetpooks.wordpress.com
come on over and find this material and new material, as well!

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Big Easy Guys in Kilts

If you don't mind, I'm directing you to some special causes today.

You may have seen it mentioned in Toni's or Jette's journals. You may have seen the banner on Holidailies.


This promises to be a poignant, beautiful book of photography and essays about New Orleans. If you order before the Feast of the Epiphany (January 6 -- when Christmas season ends and Carnival begins) the shipping is free and the profits go to a relief organization in New Orelans. What a bargain, and a good deed.

So go ahead, click here, go order the book. I'll wait for you to come back:

Yes, I want to buy a beautiful book AND get a good deal AND do a good deed, because that's just the kind of person I am.

Okay, and now on to something of vital importance to all of us.

Guys in kilts.

By now you may have seen the story about anti-Scottish bias in Missouri.

Please, go sign the petition.

Do your part. It's good for guys. It's good for the world.


Because if there's one thing I know about this crazy mixed-up world of ours, it's this: The world doesn't have enough burly guys in kilts.

Besides, if the Scots don't win this with peacable petition, they'll be back and it will get ugly.

They'll bring bagpipes.

Thank you.

4 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger MF said...

The pose for the photo is slaying me. You know the photographer said, "OK, now put one hand on the chair...yeah, that's it, now put the other on your. *hip*. OK, now point your left toe toward me a little bit...That's it...Perfect!"
Because really, if you're wearing a skirt, you should pose like a Victoria's Secret model, darnit.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

And I keep wondering what he got "in" to.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Jay Ann Cox, PhD said...

I'm thinking he's eyeing the chair, so's he can sit down and have a beer. And watch American Idol. Or This Old House.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Apropos of nothing: All three of us who have posted here have red hair.

(I said it was nothing, don't look at me that way, sheesh!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home