guilty of being ...

everything that is here has been moved to my new location: http://planetpooks.wordpress.com
come on over and find this material and new material, as well!

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Saved by the Quilt

As Sean so eloquently put it in comments about my mother's theme trees, mine is one of those trees that "Christmas walked by after one too many shots of 'nog and threw up all over."

But each year I select one of the Christmas wallhangings (and matching Christmas tree skirt) my mother has given me through the years, and that kind of saves the day.



Added 12/22:

There has been a lot of interest in the quilt (Hi, Mel, thanks for the link!), so here are a couple of closer shots.




The border may not be very traditional "Christmas" but I love it. My mother knew I wanted purple in the hanging and she found this gorgeous fruit fabric.

3 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Wow... jealousy and envy! I love the wall-hanging! Your mum is welcome at my house any time!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Come to hers -- she'll show you her dozens of quilts (and that's not including the wall hangings).

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Candace said...

Gawd, those are BEAUTIFUL! Does she ever put the quilts in shows? Quilt shows are great. You have to wear a white glove if you touch any of them. Just when your breath is taken away by one quilt, you round the corner and see another that makes you weak in the knee. Or that's what happens to me, anyway. Maybe I need to get out more...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home