guilty of being ...

everything that is here has been moved to my new location: http://planetpooks.wordpress.com
come on over and find this material and new material, as well!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Decisions, Decisions

So I've been a little frustrated that I can't use "categories" here on blogger, or if I can, I don't know how. It would evidently be a hack, not something that was built into the system.

I'd like to be able to have a link in the sidebar for GTD and STC and Writing and Cowboys and whatever else I want, without cluttering up the sidebar with all the individual links. As was pointed out to me, you can do this on WordPress.

So I ventured over there last night.

I'm trying to decide -- to move, or not to move.

To change the title of my blog, or not to change the title of my blog.

To give up my pretty green borders, or not to give up my pretty green borders.

And since I think 2.5 of you actually come back to my blog as repeat readers, would you follow me over there? Or would you click this link here, find nothing new, and go on to greener blogs?

Does this mess up things like Technorati and Bloglines?

Here is the new site, though the template may change:

me, over there

Speak up. I need opinions!

15 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger Candace said...

I love the pretty green borders!
But I would follow you anywhere.

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Move! Blogger is way buggy and not funtional enough. You'll like WordPress better. As someone who has now moved addresses at least three times, I can say it doesn't hurt your traffic much as long as you leave a link to your new site as the top post at the old one and make sure to post frequently when you at first when you do move (at the new site).

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Adam Renfro said...

I’m sure you have regular, trusted visitors, but as a new one, I must say that WordPress is way cool. Even though I’m a Blogger.

You would have to redo Technorati and Bloglines, I imagine. New URL for your site.

Not that I’m a sucker for new things, but I'm diggin' my new moleskine! Can’t wait to do The Moleskine Board.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

There-- there's a moleskine board?!?

Wow, is it like a 12 Step Program? "My name is pooks and I'm addicted to moleskines...."

Thanks for the input, Gwenda and Candace!

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger ronniebeegood said...

Like the new "planetpooks" name. I was thinking about moving also, though hadn't decided where for sure. Blogger seems too inflexible. Heck, maybe you can keep them both going until you decide! If you move though, put a post to let us know so we can change our links to the new place.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Toni,I already knew that! But not everybody is channeling Bobbie Faye Summrall.

Ron -- there are downsides to WordPress. Their sidebars don't allow you to do as much, so it's a tradeoff.

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pooks,
As a reader who is NOT involved in script writing, I will read you whereever you post,
My vote, for what it is worth, is do what works for YOU and the rest of your entourage will follow. If they don't, they're not worthy of you.
VBG

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Ha! Cindy dahlink, anywhere I go, I will allow you to carry my purse. As long as you agree not to drop elephant poo in it when I'm not looking. You are the best.

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pooks sweetie, go for it. I love WP, and use it for my blog. Tell me if you decide on a permanent change of addy so I can update my links as I'd hate to lose you, K? ;-)

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger cmw said...

Are you sure you want to be a planet?

Wouldn't you rather be a star?

:)

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

I'm too ADD-addled to be a star. Stars are stationary. Planets moooooove!

Alexandra, I'm still testing WP. Like, right now? I haven't figured out how to import a picture into my blog. That sucks.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

It shouldn't mess with all things Technorati-related, they're pretty good about updating.

Planet Pooks is covered in Cowboy Blue & White, interesting ; )

People will follow bloggers across several blogging engines, it's all about content and you have just that.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

A family member started working for the Cowboys this week. Going blue and silver is the least I can do. Heh.

 
At 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2.5 people regularly read your blog? Hahahahahaha. Make it 3.5.
My blog is not ready yet. So I'll just sign here, Kitty S.

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

You've got a blog coming! Can't wait!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home